Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dell Inspiron 1501: help needed!


When I start up my Dell Inspiron laptop, I get a black screen with an error message: "Windows detected a hard disk problem. Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk." I could however still start Windows. I later got the error message: “SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 4
WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.
Press F1 to continue. 
I pressed F1 as it told me to and all I'm still getting is a black screen with a white cursor in left corner. I could no longer start Windows.

I've tried many options, including putting in the Vista installation disk in and trying the tools on that except install the OS, I don't want to lose my data if at all possible. Unfortunately none of the options or so called solutions worked. If you know of any possible solutions, please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment